(This category is for the “non-medical” aspects of “customer” service)
CRITERIA: This award recognises non-medical aspects of patient (& family) experience that improve the hospital’s position as a quality service provider. This may include support departments such as Food and Nutrition, Housekeeping, Transportation etc. Please be clear where programs also reduced costs/ did not require major capital expenditure. More weight is given to projects that are innovative (in relation to size and location of the hospital. Is it a meaningful improvement of its service considering the environment in which it operates?
(These are not the entry questions)
- How was the project beneficial from the patient's perspective? To what extent did it take the hospital to a higher service level?
- Did the project not only improve service, but did it also reduce costs? How did it contribute to improvement of the service culture?
- Does it have significant results or outcomes? Are these measurable? Are there testimonials, awards, or other support to show impact on improvement of hospital service?
- The extent the project is prevention oriented, and how well it will reduce or eliminate the service defect, or reduce waste, or improve communication. Will the benefits be long lasting?
- Was the process and means by which the project was conducted adequate to meet its goals? Was the composition of the team about right?