(The basic functions of management, strategic directions and how management assures itself that it has control, feedback and improvement)
CRITERIA: This award recognises the most effective management innovations or improvements to its management systems, policies and practices. This may include goal setting, contact time with staff, planning of services, management of finances, motivation of staff and feedback/ review processes. More weight will be given to innovations in how the hospital plans its services, manages its finances, motivates its staff and has developed an effective feedback /control and management review processes.
(These are not the entry questions)
- Why is the project innovative and how does it make a difference in the improvement of Hospital services.
- The extent to which the project involves all levels of management and staff. Was there staff training at all levels?
- Does it have significant results or outcomes? Are these measurable? Is there concrete feedback or other support to show impact on improvement of hospital service?
- The extent to which and how the project is communicated to all levels, and how is it audited to make sure sound management and/or good governance principles are being followed.
- Was the process and means by which the project was conducted adequate to meet its goals? Was the composition of the team about right? Were appropriate analysis tools used, or was it only a matter of throwing money at the problem?