(How improvement in the predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment and facilities improve the standards of safety and care, thus increased the financial situation of the hospital)
CRITERIA: This award recognises improvements in the predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance of facilities for better standards of safety and care. And looks at how the hospital utilises the facilities in improving the profits of the organisation. More weight will be given to how well predictive and preventive maintenance is carried out and how it affected the financial management of the facility.
(These are not the entry questions)
- Did the project relate quality of care to equipment functioning and maintenance or to improvement in facilities?
- Did the project in fact improve patient comfort, service or safety?
- Did the project reduce costs of equipment purchase and maintenance or facilities management? Did it improvement the financial management in the hospital thus bringing additional profit?
- Was there sufficient attention paid to biomedical equipment or facilities improvement?
- Does the project produce sustainable results?